Friday, September 4, 2009

Earning My Breakfast

This guy is Arnold Kaufmann. He became sick some time ago and became 100% raw to save his life. I think it's been about 10 years and although old, hasn't changed a bit in appearance. We call his system simply "Arnold's Way."


In this system he describes how exercising first thing in the morning is key for staying young. it prepares your body to optimally absorb nutrients, get the blood moving, and to detox. 


I have been doing this for some time and I cannot go back to being stagnant. It makes the first half of the day "the best day ever."


I think the philosophy behind this is that, as an animal, we are designed to be active and not to sit in our own juices. Getting our food becomes too easy when we drive to a supermarket and everything is there neatly on shelves. I always like to think about how I would act if I were a monkey, and I would work hard for my food: Hunt, hike, climb trees, etc.


Eearning my breakfast consists of morning stretches, strength training (mostly for my weak upper body), and I usually walk, bike, or skate to Hy-Vee where I literally get my breakfast. Sometimes I even go looking for wild foods and let me tell ya, I have found Mulberries, Raspberries, Pears, Apples, Dandelions, and even Maple Nuts (I forgot what these are called) just on my way to class!

No comments: