Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Oh my God. Im 100% Raw!!!

Hello family, and friends. It's me: Russ. Welcome to my new blog. This is where I'll post everything related to my new lifestyle. It's been a tough journey and I have become fanatical about the whole thing. It really is amazing to embark on this journey, and if anyone is thinking about making the transition, there is little to fear.


Although I would love to make everyone around me eat raw foods, I admit that it comes from a place that wants others to join me and accept me. I have been so impressed with this lifestyle that I tell everyone about it and get really offensive when they ask: Where do you get your protein? And then I feel like an idiot trying to explain that I eat grass, so I can be as strong as an elephant. I say it just like that too, which doesn't help. However, it is true. Green leafy vegetables like Spinach and Kale are a better source of protein than beef or chicken, or what I like to call "Burnt Flesh." So one of the things that I am working on is to let it go, and not expect everyone to understand.


I used to think, and still do, that if people can come to know about raw foods that everyone would understand how right it is, how natural and pure, but after pushing my friends and family to eat raw and being rejected, I know better. That makes it really difficult because I am the only raw foodist I know in person and it can get lonely. Plus I feel like a total freak.


Just the other day I made Matt Monarch's inspired "Apple Flax" lunch, as I've been doing for the last few days, and my friend told me it looked like puke... She asked me if she could try it, and I said "yes" KNOWING that a raw foodist taste buds are different than those of a cooked foods eater. So of course, she freaked out and spit it out.


For the sake of making my first post too long, my Raw journey is not just about the food, but involves so many spiritual and emotional aspects that I am happy to write about. But more about that later. I gotta go home and make my apple flax.



No comments: